FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
On getting sick and sticking to your plan!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Training Zone Forum Index -> The Training Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarahbd22

PostPosted: Dec Wed 12, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: On getting sick and sticking to your plan! Reply with quote

Hello all,

Training has been going well in that I'm extremely happy with my progress so far. I think it all starts with pushing the parameters. Never before would I have been able to run as long as I have (my long runs are scheduled on Sundays) as fast as I have...and it's all because my heart loves Zone 1!

One thing that does bring it all down a bit is getting sick. For the first time in years, I got really sick the last few weeks of November - a head cold and laryngitis. I had no other reason to have gotten it other than I'd just began running out in colder temps than I was used to.

One word of advice to any athelete - when you are sick, take every precaution to get better. SLEEP. SLEEP some more! Take it easy training-wise, as you might only get discouraged if you can't meet the goals you've been meeting before.

Perfect example: I was going to run the Noodleini 5K, hoping to PR. I trained as instructed up until the race, even while sick. I did the workouts just fine. Race day, I was not feeling like I could blast the 5K. So I switched to the 15K and got a time I was not particularly proud of. To make matters worse, running as fast and as far as I did that day was not only hard, but made my cold last longer than it had to. Goes to show...take it easy and get healthy.

Other than that bump in the road (which isn't really a bump, more like a well-learned lesson) training has been great. I still love my mid-zone 1 runs, and I know they've made me faster. The threshold workout I've been doing I was able to complete in full last week. This week I almost did it! Zone 4 is a Twisted Evil

Happy training! This time of year - treadmills are our friends (just remember to add an incline!

Sarah
Sarah #2!
ricky2

PostPosted: Feb Fri 24, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is one out there because i used to know the exact name for it. Basically, you load a picture, and the program searches the web for that same picture and tells you where they are hosted.
sandersmyrtle

PostPosted: Sep Tue 10, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're goin just cool dear. Stick to the schedule
clarascriven

PostPosted: Sep Fri 13, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Yes this is the best site Reply with quote

This is the best site offering best training sessions and tips just like crossfit. Thanks for your valuable info dear.
juliasinger548

PostPosted: Sep Wed 18, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend eating real food Having said that. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Training Zone Forum Index -> The Training Zone All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: