FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
I just began training with Mike!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Training Zone Forum Index -> The Training Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarahbd22

PostPosted: Oct Wed 31, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: I just began training with Mike! Reply with quote

I'm Sarah, from the Appleton area, and just officially started training with Mike!

Smile

We did the lactic acid step test two weeks after my first marathon - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon, where I placed first in my age group (20-24). My time was 3:30:28 chip time, 3:31:03 gun time. My goal was to qualify for Boston and I needed a 3:40. I was very happy with my time, especially considering how I performed under the hot weather!

At this point, my goals include, for this year:
Half Marathon (springtime, currently looking at doing Green Bay Cellcom or Music City Marathon in Nashville): 1:32 (last PR: 1:40)
Marathon: 3:10

In 2-3 years I'd love to run a 3 hour marathon.

My training for the week of Oct 28 - Nov 3:

Sunday: Long Run MidZone 1 (7:45 - 7:50 pace) 1.5 hours

Monday: off or cross-train

Tuesday: one hour MidZone1

Wednesday: 45 minutes Midzone1

Thursday: Threshold Run
warm-up lowZone1 for 15 minutes 8 minute pace
5 minutes high end Zone 3 6:37 pace
5 minutes low end Zone 3 6:45........repeat once. Cool-down 15 minutes at low zone 1.

Friday: off or cross train

Saturday; 45 minutes 8:00 pace

I think this is a really great schedule to get my started up...a lot of Zone 1 but still keeping the legs fresh and fast by including a Threshold run. I am glad we are flexible about doing that second interval!

I am excited to begin training and look forward to hearing about others' plans and event goals!

Very Happy
Sarah #2!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Wed 31, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Your Training Zone Project Reply with quote

The YourTrainingZone.com or YTZ officially announces the YTZ Project. A select few individuals, hand picked because of their unlimited potential have been selected to be Yourtrainingzone.com project participants. In exchange for performance evaluation and coaching, the selected individuals will update the online community with their progress and performances as they strive to achieve their goals. Stay in touch as we all follow the progress of these individuals.
Good luck Sarah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Training Zone Forum Index -> The Training Zone All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: